ArielVision Getting Started Tutorial
|ArielVision - Getting Started Tutorial
Getting Started Video
Dennis is working on two new videos for ArielVision. In the meantime, these two nXtRender Videos should be close enough to get you started.
This video takes a 3D Warehouse Model and renders the exterior and then adds reflection and lights to the interior to help you get started with ArielVision.
Simple Exterior Rendering
Getting Started Model
To download the 3D Warehouse model which is used in the video, Click Here - 3D Warehouse Model
Download and Installation
First Rendering - Exterior Scene
ArielVision was developed to let you "Design with the lights on"™. In particular, you don't have to add lights to you model for rendering to show off objects, buildings, etc.
Select a model
For your first rendering we suggest a simple exterior or simple object.
We are going to render it, using default settings, without making any changes to the model. This will let you see the effects of the default lighting of ArielVision. For exteriors, this is easiest to see if the model has roof overhangs, porches, or other features which will benefit from subtle lighting effects.
- Click the Render icon:
- After you click the start rendering icon, the Rendering Settings dialog will appear to help you with your settings.
- Even for exteriors, we suggest you try the High Dynamic (studio) lighting settings for your first rendering.
(Click Defaults for the default rendering settings)
- Click Start Rendering to render your first image.
Using reflection and lights
For the second rendering we want to apply reflection to some surfaces. There are three samples below.
Video Tutorial Interior
If you have downloaded the model from the Video Tutorial, select the Interior scene.
Make some surfaces reflective
- Right click on the floor, table, and/or vases
- Select 'Create Material or Edit Material
- From the presets tab of the Material Wizard, select Reflective.
- You can also adjust the amount of reflection using the first (Main) tab.
Add a table Lamp
- From the ArielVision Toolbar, select the Add Light icon: ( )
- Select the Table Lamp tab
- Set the size and colors of the table lamp desired.
Add Ceiling Lights
- Click the Light icon again.
- Select the Ceiling Light tab.
- Change any settings if desired
- Click Place and place one or more lights in the ceiling.
- Click the Render icon:
- Select the Interior With Sun Preset
- Click Start Rendering to render the car.